Frequently Asked Questions
Below find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
1) Can I buy Cheyanne Symone products if I am not native or indigenous?
Yes! Anyone of any background is welcome to purchase our jewelry. The real issue is when non-native companies co-opt native symbols and traditions for profit. When you buy from Cheyanne Symone, you are supporting a small, indigenous-woman owned business. You are celebrating and showcasing cultural traditions, and directly supporting a native artist. We welcome your business, regardless of where you are from!
2) Who makes Cheyanne Symone jewelry?
Currently we have two beaders at Cheyanne Symone, including the company's founder and owner Brittany C. Turner a citizen of the Haliwa-Saponi Tribe and Rebecca Lynn, a two-Spirit artist from the Little Traverse Bay band of Odawa Indians. Click HERE to learn more about our beaders and the Cheyanne Symone team.
3) Where are the earrings made? Where do source materials come from?
All products are handmade in the United States, currently in Southeast Michigan.
Source materials for products come from all over the world. We strive to buy from American businesses and local artists whenever possible and are committed to increasing transparency in our process. We ask the same in return from our vendors. If you have any questions about sourcing for a product, please feel free to ask.
4) How are prices determined for products?
The biggest factors affecting prices are labor and materials:
- a) Labor- Cheyanne Symone earrings are handmade and time-intensive using a bead embroidery technique where each bead is applied one-by-one. This process can take anywhere from 2-8 hours per pair. As a result most of the pricing consists of the beader's labor. We compensate our beaders' with an ethical and fair wage.
- b) Materials- Material costs vary. Items that come from another artist (such as our birch bark centers) or precious and semi-precious gemstones and pearls are inherently more expensive than standard glass beads. We also purchase sustainable shipping materials that are recyclable, reusable and biodegradable; surgical steel and recycled sterling silver posts to reduce risks for those with sensitive ears; jewelry bags for storage; extra large ear backs and more.
5) What is your return policy?
You are entitled to a replacement or refund within 30 days of your purchase. Please note that the product must be returned unused, in original packaging. Items purchased on sale and/or through special promotion may be returned within 30 days of purchase in exchange for Cheyanne Symone credit only. Shipping and handling charges for returned merchandise are nonrefundable. Upon receipt of returned goods, Cheyanne Symone LLC reserves the right to deny a refund if the merchandise does not meet return - policy requirements. More at REPAIRS + RETURNS.
6) Do you repair earrings?
Yes! The life cycle of our products does not end with your final purchase. We will repair products hassle free, anytime, guaranteed. Simply fill out the repair form and return to the provided address (P.O. Box 970500, Ypsilanti, MI 48197). Damage due to wear and tear will be repaired at a reasonable charge. More at REPAIRS + RETURNS.
7) Do you offer free shipping?
We always offer free standard shipping on orders placed within the U.S.
International shipping cost will vary based on country. More at SHIPPING.
8) What is the best way to get in touch with Cheyanne Symone?
The best way to contact us is via email, email@example.com.