Head Lady Freshwater Pearl Stud Earrings
Unit price per
- Indigenous Woman Owned Small Business with Heart
- Handmade by Native Artisans in the United States
- Free Standard Shipping (USA)
- Free 30 Day Returns
- Lifetime Repairs Available
- VIP Rewards Program
These earrings are more amazing in hand and to the naked eye. I did not know what to expect. I see the brilliant beading and I feel honored to wear such a gorgeous work of art. Thank you. I wish many blessings upon each artist behind every earring.
Love love & love!!!!!!!! Perfection & thank you from Alaska
I bought the Mauve Classic Freshwater Pearl Stud Earrings for myself, and bought Head Lady Freshwater Pearl Stud Earrings as a gift for my mom and we both love them. The earrings look more beautiful in person. The white and gold beads are stunning on the Head Lady earrings, and the back of the earrings make wearing them virtually weightless and extremely comfortable. I will definitely make more purchases in the future!
Simple and elegant, these beautiful all white beaded earrings are a reimagining of our classic freshwater pearl studs, designed in honor of the significance of the Head Lady in many indigenous pow-wows.
"If you are not familiar with pow-wows, then you are probably wondering what in the world does ‘Head Lady’ mean? Well, with many indigenous pow-wows in the US, there is a Female Head dancer (Head Lady) and a Male Head dancer. These two dancers lead all group dances during the pow-wow. The Head Dancers are equal, both always dancing side by side. It is a residual piece of the matriarchy my people followed prior to colonialism. In honor of women's history, I intentionally combined the women's suffrage symbol (white) with the name Head Lady.
Now bearing witness to the appointment of Deb Haaland as the first Native American to serve in a cabinet position, I confidently believe that the matriarchy is flourishing. So wear these earrings with pride, poise, and attitude; and carry the spirit of a Head Lady.
Sustainability & Ethical Features
- Handmade by Native Artisans in the USA
- Indigenous Woman-Owned
- We offer lifetime Seventh Generation repairs and replacements
- 925 Recycled Sterling Silver backs and posts
- Recycled Shipping Materials & Limited Packaging
- Cruelty-Free Ultra Suede earring backing
- Avoidance of Conflict Gemstones
- Commitment to Transparency
- Freshwater Pearl Center
- Japanese glass beads
- Large 925 recycled sterling silver posts
- Backed with cruelty-free ultra suede
- Length: 0.5"
- Width: 0.5"
- Large 925 recycled sterling silver backs
- Sunshine Soft Polishing Cloth
- Natural linen or cotton drawstring bag
Notes and Care
- Please note: Due to the one-of-a-kind nature of the medium, exact color patterns and shape may vary slightly from the image shown.
- Time intensive: Depending on the pattern and size of each design it can take between 2 - 8 hours to give life to each piece.
- Care: Avoid getting wet, do not cut thread and avoid storing in direct sunlight.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR FINE SEED BEAD JEWELRY